Wednesday 25 January 2012

Mustache Necklace Disguise

Mustache Necklace Pattern
Courtney Wiche



This is honestly probably the most simple pattern I have ever made, and I absolutely love it. It looks complicated (lord knows I had to unravel the thing at least ten times during the process) but it's fairly straight forward and totally worth it! You can literally make these for an army of hundreds in a matter of a few hours! (Not that that's what I'm doing . . . *coughMisha'sMinionscough*) I mean, what?

Ch. 12
R1 – sc, dc, 2 trc, hdc, slst, hdc, 2 trc, dc, sc
R2 – ch2, turn, slst in 2nd ch from hook, sc till middle three stitches (slip stitch 3), sc til end, ch 2, slst in 2nd from hook, fasten off.


For the chain, I just used a really fine yarn, the smallest hook I had (which was a 3.25mm, I think) and crocheted it until I could fit it over my ears and have it not fall off. I don't remember how many I ended up with, but I don't think that makes much difference, seeing as everyone's head is a different size anyways. And then I connected the ends to the back of the mustache, near the top. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me! (The messages make me feel as if people actually care)

I also wanted this just because of Gabriel's mustache . . . because reasons


18 comments:

  1. Totally wonderful!
    I'm gonna make a whole bunch af them for my friends at work. We can use them when we have important visitors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a beautiful idea! ^-^ Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Hi Courtney, this is off topic but I was wondering if you had a chance to write the mermaid pattern. Thank you and God bless!!!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. And it's posted now. :) Please tell me if you have any problems with the pattern.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing such a fun pattern. My kids have been making mustaches out of everything and were super excited to get these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such a cute idea :) I need a quick design for an event coming up on August 24, so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I was looking for - thanks so much for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this! For halloween my Autistic brother and I are going as Mario And Luigi...I'm Luigi and I needed a moustache! lol. This is awesome and very easy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the awesome pattern! I've been looking for good mustache patterns in different shapes and I will for sure be keeping this one in my stash! (no pun intended) Here's a link to my blog with pics of my mustache-y creations so far: http://thequietkoala.blogspot.com/2012/11/like-sir.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the first row, do you skip any chains? thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made so many of these... For my daughter, for my friends' kids, for my coworkers... And now I'm just starting a whole bunch for a mustache-themed baby shower! So fun and easy to get many done. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making these to be the staches on the gnomes I am making from here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cute-crochet-gnome Looking pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is your rules about using this pattern in things we sell?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing such a simple yet effective pattern! I can see myself putting little crocheted moustaches on all of the things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am making these for my sons for red ribbon week (say no to drugs and alcohol week at school)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for this pattern! I just used it to make my daughter a moustache for her Stan Lee biography report for school! Awesome, easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha! made me smile , so im going to make one just to say i did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, just what I was looking for to go with my fancy dress.

    ReplyDelete

Little Mermaid Costume - Updated

It's finally here. An updated version of my little mermaid costume (with proper math this time). Unfortunately, no adorable baby...